Your new BFF....Say Hello to Frank
You've heard of it. The man, the myth, the legend...Frankincense was prized more than gold during ancient times and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it. It is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records called the Ebers Papyrus (dating from sixteenth century BC) Frankincense is considered just as versatile as lavender. Young Living has a frankincense and myrrh tree farm in Oman. Pub-Med.gov (the National Research Library) has thousands of studies, as research progresses, documenting the many uses of frankincense!
- Can be very supportive of emotional balance (because it is high in sesquiterpenes)
- Valuable ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin. Ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks. Has a visual tightening effect on the skin and may benefit older, more mature skin.
- When used on a regular basis, can aid in maintaining normal cellular and eye function.
- It can be diffused to uplift the mood and enhance feelings of grounding and purpose
- Supports healthy respiratory system
(Fun Fact: The distillation process takes 2 weeks and a frankincense tree cannot be tapped into unless it is at least 40 years old.)
Frank has a million uses but I'm just going to cover a few. (Google it... you'll be amazed.) Skin support is a big one for little ones who are clumsy and tweens + teens going through those awesome hormonal skin changes. #breakoutcentral I use Frank on my face every.single.day.#somanyfinelines and especially when my hormones are amuck and I break out.
Just dab a drop of Frank straight onto the problem area, at least twice a day (AM + PM), or as often as you think about it if you're like me and just want that sucker gone ASAP. Same with cuts and scrapes! You can dilute it if that makes you feel more comfortable but I rarely do.
So skin support aside, Frank is amazing for emotional support and for promoting feelings of grounding and relaxation.
This guy is an immune supporting powerhouse and goes in every "immune support " roller ball bottle I make. Pair it up with Thieves for daily immunity, either in the diffuser or topically on the bottoms of the feet with some carrier oil.
I use it as a pick-me-up after a stressful day or event to raise my "frequency".